The ACU Safeguarding Children and Young People portal provides a range of valuable resources and opportunities for policy makers and organisational leaders to support institutions to keep children and young people safe.
ACU has established expertise in the area of protecting children, including a dedicated research and knowledge translation centre, the ACU Institute of Child Protection Studies. Building on the research of the ACU Institute of Child Protection Studies and the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse, ACU Safeguarding Children and Young People aims to support institutional leaders and professionals to develop the relevant capabilities to undertake appropriate risk assessment, identify and examine issues of child safety, and tailor and implement organisational responses.
Additional resources and practice tools will become available in early 2018, including the pilot phase of a survey facility, which will help organisations to assess their practice, measure changes as a result of implementation of safeguarding strategies, and to compare their organisation with other similar organisations.
Sign up to the newsletter to be notified as new resources and opportunities are added to ACU Safeguarding Children and Young People.
- ACU Safeguarding Children Capability Framework: The Capability Framework identifies six core capabilities, which inform all courses, programs, services and information provided by ACU.
- Research and Resources: Access a range of research reports and resources, including research conducted by ACU for the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
- Practice tools: ACU has developed tools to help organisations implement strategies and specific activities with staff, volunteers, children and young people to identify and address risks, and promote safety in organisations.
- Qualifications and Professional Learning: ACU provides a range of formal learning opportunities for new students and professionals seeking to develop specific skills and knowledge related to safeguarding children and young people.
- Self-assessment: ACU has developed surveys and other resources that help organisations self-assess their progression supporting conditions of safety in organisations for children and young people.
- Researcher profiles: Find out more about the expertise of ACU staff that relates to safety and wellbeing of children. You may want to collaborate on research, evaluate your organisation, or connect with experts in related fields.
Page last updated: 2018-01-02
Short url: https://safeguardingchildren.acu.edu.au/1357781