We have developed resources to help your work with children, young people and their families make sense of what they are seeing, hearing and feeling during this challenging time of coronavirus (COVID-19).
These resources can help your organisation and your professional practice support children, young people and their families maintain a sense of physical safety and mental wellbeing. As we develop more resources, we will let you know via our newsletter (you can subscribe here), or visit this page to keep up to date with the latest articles.
Kids Central tip sheets for COVID-19
*These resources were not designed for families experiencing coercive control, ongoing stalking, violence, abuse or threats to safety. Refer families in these circumstances to safety and survival planning appropriate to the COVID-19 context
- see links below or call 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732).
COVID-19 resources from other organisations
In times like these, it helps to share resources. These links are from a wide range of organisations with tips for parents, children and practitioners.
Talking to children and young people
Support for domestic violence
- 1800RESPECT: self isolation and COVID-19
- Insight Exchange: resources for professionals and families experiencing domestic violence, including faith-based settings
- beyondblue: looking after yourself during the coronavirus outbreak
For parents and carers
Indigenous and Torres Straight Islander resources
- Indigenous.gov.au: tips on preventing the spread of coronavirus
- NACCHO: general information, community updates, and resources for prevention and management of COVID-19
- SNAICC: COVID-19 resources for children, families, communities and services