We offer a range of postgraduate and professional learning programs to support safeguarding practice and capabilities for individuals and organisations. Participants develop knowledge and understandings of contemporary issues and responses to safeguarding children and young people, and explore the conditions and factors that facilitate or impede child-safe environments.
Graduate Certificate in Safeguarding Children and Young People
Our ACU Graduate Certificate in Safeguarding Children and Young People is a proactive response to the current moral, social and political imperatives to secure the safety and wellbeing of all young people. It gives you the opportunity to develop knowledge and understanding of contemporary issues and responses to safeguarding children and young people, exploring the conditions and factors that facilitate or impede child-safe environments.
Flexible choices for individuals
You can enrol in an award program, or in individual units.
Flexible choices for organisations
We can develop a tailored program to meet the specific needs of your organisation.
You can choose a pathway that aligns with your professional role from a range of units:
- Safeguarding Children: Ethics, Values and Practices
- Safeguarding Children: Legal Frameworks and Governance
- The Theology of Childhood: Close to the Mystery of God
- Safeguarding Children: Implications for Professional Practice
- Safeguarding Children: Policy in Context
- Safeguarding Children: The Child’s Rights in Practice
- Safeguarding Children: Child Welfare Context and Policy
- Safeguarding Children: Risk, Awareness, Responses and Mitigation
- Safeguarding Children: Education and Prevention
We also offer a range of related programs that provide knowledge and skills in allied disciplines, and support an organisation’s culture and capabilities, including governance, leadership and management.
- Master of Social Work
- Master of Family and Systemic Therapy
- Graduate Certificate in Counselling
- Graduate Certificate in Management for Not-for-Profit Organisations
- Bachelor of Nursing
Paediatric issues are embedded across the Bachelor of Nursing curriculum.
We provide flexible professional learning programs to give students the essentials skills and tools to enhance their awareness and practice. Programs are based on the Safeguarding Capability Framework and in some cases may be credited towards an ACU qualification.
- Training programs
- Online modules
Professional learning programs are delivered flexibly in a mode that suits your needs including self-paced online courses, online and/or face to face short courses on selected topics or units, tailored learning for cohorts of 10 or more students.
Page last updated: 2018-01-02
Short url: https://safeguardingchildren.acu.edu.au/1345707