Webinar for Child Family Community Australia, about children's participation in child-safe organisations.
Presented by Dr Tim Moore from the ACU Institute of Child Protection Studies, this webinar for Child Family Community Australia considers the nature and benefits of meaningful youth participation in practice, and looks at tools and strategies to help organisations draw on children’s expertise.
It is based on the findings of a study conducted by the ACU Institute of Child Protection Studies, with colleagues from the Queensland University of Technology and Griffith University, which was commissioned by the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. The study aimed to develop an understanding of how children perceive safety and consider it within institutional contexts.
The study explored:
- How children and young people conceptualise and perceive safety;
- Children and young people’s views on what gives rise to these perceptions;
- Children and young people’s perceptions of safety within institutions;
- What children and young people consider is already being done to respond to safety issues and risks in institutions;
- What children and young people consider should be done to respond to safety issues in institutions.
Dr Moore developed a Practice Paper to accompany the webinar, which provides additional written content (see related resources).